Monday, February 4, 2013

RECIPE FOR A BUTTON/FLOWER/CIRCLE

WOW, what a beautiful selection of new images at Squigglefly! Here are examples of the way I treated 2 of them, plus the interior of one and also a surprise I got in the mail this past week!
 
First up, we have Plant a Seed of Love
Image Artist Cheryl Alger

An easy 6x6 using paper lace, rhinestone fluorishes and 2 beautiful pieces of dp.  So it's usable for friendship, birthday, valentine, or simply saying I love you!
Interior of card and room for a nice note
Now we have PUFFING BILLY!  I have a relative that spent his working life with steam trains and then electric trains and I plan on sending this to him in New Mexico where he now has retired.  My uncle Vince was an engineer all his working life on trains too.  I got to ride his train from time to time and those are indeed sweet memories since he now has passed on.

Puffing Billy - Gayle Seach - new image artist with Squigglefly


Gau

A wonderful surprise - handknitted socks sent to me by my daughter who has a friend with a knitting shop - all her items are hand knit and absolutely perfect.  She's on PINTEREST - ehommeland - PurlyGirlEriin

Enjoy your day - take time to enter our recipe contacts on the Squigglefly Challenge Blog - CLICK!


6 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

gorgeous cards Linda--those socks look nice and comfy! I love all the gorgeous coloring on your train card!

Charlene Mitchell said...

Both cards are fabulous Linda! Love the delicate look of the flower one and that dp is so cute! And your detail and colouring in the train image is awesome! wow! Nice that it brought back memories for you!

wannabcre8tive said...

Love these great cards. The flower pot one is really cute, but I favor the train with the stripes and dotted paper. Your have colored it beautifully.

Kathy Bradley said...

Linda,
The flower pot is so adorable and whimsical and your card is wonderful! I really like your train card as well. Wow, awesome socks from your daughter!

Holly said...

Love both of your cards Linda. The first one is so feminine with the lacy die and bling. Your second card is great for a guy - especially those train enthusiasts like your uncle! I love your paper choice and how you tied on your buttons.
Your daughter's socks look so comfortable. Enjoy them keeping your feet toasty!

nwilliams6 said...

Cute flower card - very sweet, but that train is FABULOUS! I love trains as my Grandfather was an engineer - actually the first one to use a radio - he was so so techie for the early 20th century - LOL! We live right next to the train tracks out in the country so this really captures my heart - it is on my wish list. I see you are sending it off to New Mexico - I grew up there and there is a wonderful train ride in the mountains of Northern New Mexico. Great cards!

Fun socks too - what a special treat to find in your mail.

Hugz, Nancy

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!