Monday, October 8, 2012

Trick or Treat time with Virginia and Linda!

Are you looking for a project to use up those small scraps from your Halloween creations!  Well then TRICK OR TREAT....check it out!!!  Send special raks to your scrapping/card making friends with a great little project designed to use up your leftovers!  The revised instructions are really simply laid out for us at YOUR SCRAPBOOK PLACE.

Join in the fun and win a prize - contest ends October 15.  Virginia promises it to be a great surprise!  Enter more than once also!

So here is what I did; I had some vintage and retro clip art in my files and I had also a wonderful new image from Denise Clemmensen - the image is called SCARED CAT ON A PUMPKIN; you need to take a look at her work by clicking on her link - it is sooooooo fun!  Behind the Scared Cat is a huge tree - some retro art I had around that was already printed.

So I created a trick/treat bag but inside put a NIP Doodle Bug black buttons - perfect for that All Hallow's Eve project, don't you think?  You'll probably notice that the lid of the bag is secured by the cat's tail!  (It just worked out that way because I misprinted my image a little too large.)

And of course we need a greeting card - using the same image as the treat bag - it came together super easy.  I used some gold corners given to me by Charlene, colored everything with copics, dusted around the die with some chalk, added some buttons and media from bg paper from another project!

Again, not expensive nor labor intensive!  (I did color up four images at the same time however!.  :))

4 comments:

  1. So stinkin cute! I love the colors and there is so much attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl! I was so focused on TREATS that I never even thought about EMBELLIES as treats! PERFECT for Halloween for my scrappy buds! Too cute-will have to try and get some done!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job Linda! I love your coloring on the pumpkins and the scene you've created for them is incredible! Your card is really cute - I love the die you used and your corners are so pretty! These are sure to put a big smile on the trick or treaters who are lucky enough to receive them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, Here is where I got my die http://www.stampassion.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Session_ID=6a57fa19ec1fb2a2272b0946055a0cc0& I hope the link works for for you. Love your image it is just darling and you did so awesome with your coloring. I just all the stunning fall colors. Love your project and I think the buttons are a great idea, borders are wonderful, love the die cut, buttons, chalk and sentiments. I will have to check out her work, thanks for her link.
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!