Monday, August 6, 2012

SFC3112 RRR - Black/White/Grey

 I do believe I love a  great challenge.  Rhonda's Rowdy Rascals at Squigglefly have done it again, with a great challenge.  Just use black/white/grey - no other colors...........just use your imagination and run away with it!
 This worked so well for me.  My son in law's daughter is having a baby girl - her name is Elle.  Katie is one of these lovely ladies who can wear any color and she must have a predominantly black/white wardrobe, of which she looks outstanding in anytime - even with that little baby pouch right now.
This A2 card is a true easel card.  The background of the card front is a brocaded black bg - I did some fussy cutting and some layering with my various greys and black and white.  I had this "wowzer" striped stash of curvy black and white cs so why not really step out of my comfort zone there!

And I did, and I love it.
The images used are as follows:

Diana Garrison - Whimsical Dragonfly border (I clipped it and mounted on black brocade cs)
The baby theme is an entire set by Fawn Palmer and called Happy Baby.
Various pearls and handmade flowers bring it all together with me even touching one copic marker!  

Never thought I'd see the day I didn't need a copic for a beautiful card!

Check out this challenge at Squigglefly.blogspot.com and enter a black/white/grey card using one of the Squigglefly images.  There are many freebies - but use a Squigglefly image to qualify for the challenge.

And good luck, cya there!

13 comments:

  1. Soooo cute!!! Love that little precious baby image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card, love the pearls and how you stuck to the 3 colors. A very cute image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty and elegant - and what a pretty little girl's name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a challenge that was perfectly timed and tailored for you Linda. I love how it's turned out. You have made it so feminine and elegant with the pearls and lovely paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, another wowzer card! You really ran with this one and what a beautiful result! This is elegant! Fabulous inspiration for the black and white and gray challenge at Squigglefly this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very elegant card my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful easel card! Great papers, images, sentiment, and ocassion!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card for the challenge, love it! Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just fabulous! So elegant and understated...visually powerful! So very nicely done! Thanks for sharing this wonderful project with us at Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card. Thanks for playing at CCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely creation! Great effect with the tone on tone.
    Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!