Monday, August 13, 2012

HH SFC3212 - A THREE LAYER DIP 8/13/12

Holley's Hobbyists are welcoming all of us to their challenge this week. It's all about layering, and I chose this opportunity to add 4 Christmas cards to my stash!

First of all, here is the challenge: "Three Layers--have at least three layers shown on your card somewhere.... they don't have to be full layers everywhere, just layers in different places. For example, layer your image, layer your saying, layer your background....think about layering in places on your card."
My cards all are 6x6 in this case and the card is entirely done inside as well!  I didn't have to use my copics, simply printed my santa images in varying inks.  My old printer broke down last week and I really like the new one - cost me all of $39 (it was really reduced!).  So I can again do some images in color rather than actually coloring them! 
 I chose the wonderful image, SANTA TOPPER by Siobhan Harrison; which is located in the Squigglefly store.  There are several Santas in this collection.  You are going to find one you will love.  Just click on the link and you'll pop right on over.
I did some layering...and some stash robbing, some hot gluing and some stringing the red/white/green...
I used a couple different sketches from groups where I like to get my inspiration...
And the sentiment is computer generated.  I hope you like my cards, and I hope I've inspired you to start at least a couple of your Christmas cards early.

Come on over to the Squigglefly Blogspot and join in with a card of your own!  There are a lot of freebies to use, so that you have a shot at building your own digi library!  Just click here for checking out all the new digis at Squigglefly!

4 comments:

  1. Oh My - you are way ahead of me making Christmas cards - these are so adorable - each one is so different and fun! Elizabeth, (Your team mate at Squigglefly)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great cards Linda! I love the little embellishments you added to each one. You picked such pretty papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Linda! What a busy lady you are getting all these done! Love the cording pinched with the present and love that you let the image stand on it's own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so stinkin cute! That little image is adorable and all the papers and elements you chose are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!