Monday, August 27, 2012

FALLING INTO FALL

FALLING INTO FALL - SFC3412
Squigglefly and Holley's Hobbyists 

The hot summer weather is giving away to a chill in the air these lovely evenings. At least the a/c gets a break, but unfortunately I'm not wishing for fall to hit quite so soon. But we were blessed with a long warm spring and summer, something that is a rarity in Wisconsin. So out come the fall/autumn cards. Below are 2 variances of the image called:

Artist of the image is Sandy Sommerfeld

If you click on Sandy's name (link above) you will be taken to other cute images she has in the Squigglefly shop!  I love to work with her images and I know you will too!

I have reversed the image - do you see that - and I've kept the same sketch pattern going making it super easy to create 2 cards right away.

Holley's Hobbyists at Squigglefly have thrown out a fun fall challenge for us all to try.  Read on:

As summer time is coming to an end, everyone is thinking about school time and fall is soon approaching so  I will give you a couple of choices-- choose embellishments that make me think of SCHOOL or FALL.  Think of Leaves, Scarecrows, Pumpkins, or Fall Colors, or go with School themes goodies.  It doesn't have to be a school or fall theme card, it just needs to use school or fall theme embellishments  somewhere on it to qualify.

Grab yourself an image at the Squigglefly store (click there) and come on over and play with us!

And I really do not want to say this, but:
HAPPY FALL Y'ALL!!!


8 comments:

Lisa M said...

Great cards!! Same image reversed looks just as terrific as the first. Your Fall layouts are wonderful. :)

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Lovely, both these cards are wonderful and you know I love sunflowers! Thanks so much for playing in the Falling into Fall Squigglefly Challenge with us Linda! Hugs, Holley

Holly said...

Wonderful cards Linda! I love your embellishments - they compliment the image so well!

Glenda said...

Gorgeous! Love the Fall feeling going on here! It won't be long now and we will be getting frost on the pumpkins!

Patricia St Martin said...

Fantastic Fall card. Great job on both the cards. You used mostly the same things on the cards but they look so different. Love the image and awesome job coloring.
Hugs

Pat said...

I love your cards, Linda! Thanks for the inspiration!

Cindy said...

Just Super Cards Linda Luv'em!
Cindy H.

Sandy said...

Awesome Linda!

I grabbed the images & posted them on my gallery... thanks for using my image too BTW...

here's the link...

http://scribblesbysandy.blogspot.ca/2012/09/gallerythank-you-holly.html

Sandy S

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!