Monday, August 20, 2012

A Technique - NEW or OLD

 SQUIGGLEFLY CHALLENGE #33 - SFC 3312
IT'S TECHNIQUE TIME!

Oh wow, what would you do if someone just asked you to pick a technique - old or new - that you'd like to make a card of?  I thought long and hard on this one ... I love to start new projects so therein is my love for trying new techniques.  I have my favorites.  However, I have a penchant for bringing out the old and renewing them also.

I remember coming home from school one day and walking in the house to the smell of linseed oil and paints.  I found my mom in a back room painting away on a beautiful picture of the Lord in Gethsemane.  I remember now she acted a little embarrassed that she got caught not working!   She was funny - she didn't know that at the time she would inspire me.   When I married I dabbled a little bit - giving away my paintings to my mother in law and my sister.  I never sold anything - I just began dabbling with more ideas when my household work was done each day.

In high school, I remember my wonderful art teacher giving me lots of ideas in painting with oils/waters/tempera etc.  It was so relaxing for me - the best part of my school day in fact.  Thus upon Rhonda's Rowdy Rascals putting up the Technique challenge, my old love for painting rose to the occasion.  I chose to go back to good ole watercolor pencils.


I pulled my CTMH  pencils out with my water brush and dabbled away - enjoying it so much I did 4 images.  Above is the Squigglefly image DID YOU SAY FACELIFT by LYNNE STANSBERY. 

The interior of the card is shown below, just so you know this is still a family oriented blog.  :)  This set of sentiments is also available in the AFTER DARK side of sentiments of Squigglefly at: A WOMAN CAN BE SATISFIED by Marlene S. 
Click on the author's name to see more available digis by them.

Interior of card
Get your tools out; try a new technique or revive and old love of a technique, come on over to Squigglefly and join me with a card. Remember there are lots of freebies on the Squigglefly website - because to increase your digi collection, you must use one of the Squigglefly digis.

And here's a great deal for you!!!!! You sign up for the rewards by clicking on "my Squigglefly" on the home page. Once you're signed up it keeps track of what you spend. Everytime you spend $15..00 you get credit for a free digi. You can use the credits anytime you want - let them build up or use them right away! If you've already purchased several dollars worth of digis and you're just now finding out about rewards, you can write Squigglefly and let them know and they will give you credit for the money you've spent during the current month. Now, that's a real deal!

9 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

Linda, I love your card. The image is just hilarious and the added sentiment, gives one an added giggle.
Great job using the colored pencils.
I used to love using mine, but copics are much easier on my hands. Thanks, for the fun today.

Tammy said...

Ha-ha, such a funny sentiment for this gal! Love, love your card!

VanessaB said...

beautifully colored and this card made me LOL this a.m.! lol!!! love it :)

CG said...

Too funny! The design is just perfect. Love it!

Kathy Bradley said...

What a wonderful and hilarious card, Linda! Giggles and smiles!

luvmycards said...

Amazing story, amazing coloring, amazing lady! Your Mom would be proud Linda!
Carolyn

Pat said...

Love your card and hearing a great and inspiring story from your past!! Keep inspiring your grandkids!!

Holly said...

Beautifully water colored Linda. I love the sentiment you paired with this funny lady!

Glenda said...

Such a cute card and of course I think that sentiment is so funny. Your coloring is wonderful as always. Hope you are doing well.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!