Saturday, July 21, 2012

GIVE ME A BREAK - BLESSED RELIEF!

I hope you are enjoying beautiful summer rains wherever you live!  We unfortunately have not seen a good rainstorm in months now.  We see them pass by as if we are trapped in some protective bubble while our plants and grasses are dying, the songbirds are moving north to wetter pastures!

So I decided to intro you to a gorgeous digi just released today at Squigglefly!  At least I can enjoy the rain by creating the card.  Hope you like it!  Click on the link below to go straight to the digi; while you are there grab a freebie and start your digi collection!   This project is also being entered at Digistamps4Joy South Africa: Challenge #46
and Jackson's Digital Expressions Anything Goes.


Image Artist Lynne Stansbery

I chose a 6x6 base to work with this card - I had something special to do to show my newest best friend Jessi!  Jessi is wonderful at crocheting around the outside of templates and diecuts.  I was so hooked when I saw her items, I had to know how she did it.  Jessi and I did some trading - I sent her my crocheted flowers for a look see up and perrsonal on how she does it!

Now when you look at my card above, you will notice there are cs loops on top of my crocheting.  At first I was going to directly mount my BLESSED RELIEF image to the completed crocheted project that took me all morning to do, but then I changed my color theme and decided to get a double effect.  The image is actually popdotted off my crocheted die as well.

 I hope you like it.  Why not come on over to Squigglefly's blog this afternoon and enter your project inour latest challenge.  There is another chance to win a digi and start that collection!  This fun challenge only involves you using a SQUIGGLEFLY image (you MUST DO THAT) and the following on your card or altered project or scrapbook page!

1) ribbon or lace;
2) brad or eyelets;
3) die cut(s) which may be store bought, or hand cut, or hand punched, or cut with your own machine, or used to cut out your stamped image, or used to cut the shape of your card;

Have a Happy Rainy Day (on me)!

9 comments:

  1. Wow - the crocheting around the die cut is fantastic. Your coloring is beautiful. I like the bling. Thanks for bringing your unique card to our challenge at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic Linda. I love the crocheted trim. The little rain dots are perfect! Hope you get some rain soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card.
    thanks for join us at DigiStamp4Joy.

    greetings karin DT member

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty and so elegant! Wonderful detail. Thanks, Linda, for sharing with us at Jackson's Digital Expressions.
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, just amazing Linda! I love your coloring on this one. and the crochet is awesome. I hope it brought the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how amazing the crochet!!!!! That is so gorgeous! I would love to learn that technique lol but not sure that I would take the time to do it.

    Thanks for joining us as Jackson’s Digital Expressions this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this image, you have showcased her beautifully. Love the crocheted piece, that is neat. I just colored this image last night. It was great to work with. I think I am covered in the same bubble you are. No rain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how beautiful!
    Thanks so much for joining us for our weather challenge at Digistamps 4 Joy this week. Good luck in the draw ... and remember to pop back tomorrow for our new challenge!
    luv'n huggz
    Jen Leeflang
    DS4J DESIGN TEAM LEAD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!