Monday, May 28, 2012

SFC2112 CAS - HEDGIES RULE!


Rhonda's Rowdy Rascals have a special challenge this week at Squigglefly Blogspot!  So challenging that I bet you can't do it!  Come on - take the dare!  The challenge is simple - keep your card CAS (clean and simply).  Now register your card at Squigglefly's blogspot and get in the contest and perhap win yourself some free digis!!!

Did you ever google CAS - well I did.  I found everything from gas cards to actuary tables, and then I detailed my google a bit more sophisticated and asked for CAS CARD MAKING and got some great ideas.  One of my faves was here at COLORFUL OM's blogspot

Well Rhonda specifically said NO DESIGNER PAPERS this week!  So I created a quiet yet a bit busy card using various cs on hand.  My friend Kathy had given me this brick embossed cs done in paint; my friend Allie had swiped a bit of awesome gold metallic across some beautiful cs........I had finished 4 hedgies for 4 cards and it all gradually came together.  My friend Mel rakked me mini ric rac and the Floral Embellishments from Petaloo!  Wow, do I love them!  

So you see how easy it is to make a card (or in my case 4 cards) w/o designer papers?  It's still fun to create your own papers, isn't it?

4 comments:

  1. Linda,
    Cute, cute! The image is colored perfectly in this sweet image. Your BG is awesome and love that ric rac too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda you did such a clever job mixing up card stocks that it almost looks like you did you designer paper! I love the layout and your coloring is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that card is gorgeous! and almost entirely from materials gleaned from crafting friends-awesome job, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. Cute image and I love the ric rac!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!