Monday, May 21, 2012

SFC2012 - SOMETHING DIFFERENT


YEE HAW!!! - make a different style card!  Right up my alley.  You see I received a darling Christmas card from my friend Pammie - and my intentions were to create cards like it - with a twist!  I like to enclose a bit of fun such as a gift card or a sweet surprise with my cards, so I left room for just that.

Above is the front of my card using Little Bee - available at Squigglefly's store!   Just click under the picture to go to the webpage.

Everything starts with paper that is at least 8.5x11 - in my case I had some 2 sided 12x12 so have a bit of leftovers for the next one.  The high point of the card is at 5.5 in. - the low point of this card is 3 in.  Just score and fold at 3.5 inches twice across becoming equal fold points.  Attach the side and bottom of the front to create a pocket.

 In that pocket you can do some fancy punching on a tag and attach a gift card or put a gift card inbetween 2 tags as shown.

I colored my Little Bee with copics and the paper is from Tres Jolee from awhile back.  Perfect for this constructions.
I hope you join me in this week's challenge; show us what you can do with a square peg and a round hole at Squigglefly Blogspot.  (click!)

6 comments:

  1. I adore Z cards and this one is adorable! Great colors and the image is too cute! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is adorable--I love this image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea to make the pocket Linda. I love how you colored your little bee and your sentiment is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Linda and love how you've coloured this adorable bee! This sentiment is perfect on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a definite ahead of me, Linda! Love your Z-card, I've never made one and need to get busy doing different things like that...I love the dp...kinda looks like a honeycomb, teehee! And I loved the way you coloured that sweet bee! Thanks for playing over at Squigglefly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card style. I am going to remember this one. I love that bee too. Too cute! Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!