Monday, May 14, 2012

SFC1912-Use your sentiment as your main focus

by Artist Roann Mathias
by Artist Diana Garrison

Hey, have you been over at Squigglefly's Blogspot lately?  If you haven't you are missing out on some great fun!  It seems when summer begins to hit we are all so busy and our crafts take a back door to some of our "other" activities.  Well, Squjigglefly has taken this into consideration and this week's challenge is ultra easy!  

Just use a sentiment as your main focal point of a card.  I tell you - I am way too busy right now to get a detailed card together.  Along with trying to make cards ahead for 8 weeks because of an upcoming surgery, I have numerous orders to fill, so I welcomed this easy challenge from Rhonda's Rowdy's.  Why don't you hop on over to the blogspot (click the link ladies)

I chose to layer colors for emphasis.  I also outlined much of the left Dragonfly Border with a stardust gel pen.  2 tiny silver pearls dot the "i's" in the word Imagine - they almost look like those dragees we used to use on cakes!  Hated them tho!  I love these!  The dragonfly border is a result by one of our artists of a form of doodling called:  ZENTANGLE!  CLICK on that link and try it, you'll love it!

This card will be a great card for our graduates and tuck a nice little surprise within!

Come on over to Squigglefly's blogspot, enter a card, win an image.  You can purchase images for as low as 99 cents or even Free.  Come join me this week!

6 comments:

  1. This is quite elegant looking! Pretty clean and simple and quite a striking look! Hope you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Linda and I love the image you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very striking card Linda! I love your corner detail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good grief girl you sounds busy!! This card is wonderful!! I love the idea of having the sentiment be the focus of the card.

    I hope you had a great Mother's Day weekend. I hope all is well in your world. hugs, stacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda,
    Beautiful card - that border is lovely and elegant, as is your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you combined the 2 images Linda. This is another one of my fav sentiments from Squigglefly. Great card for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!