Saturday, March 10, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUBBIE!

My husband's birthday was March 9th and he was treated to a whole day of spoiling by me! I needed to cause you know how it is somedays you just are passing ships in the nite. Well we needed to slow down before life sped up again! So out to breakfast we went right away. Amongst other specialties all day including flowers!  Here's a card I presented him along with a huge bag of Triple Stuff Oreos and his favorite candy bar, Fast Break! You may be wondering why Oreos?  Well I make my own chocolate chip cooky recipes - a treasure in his estimation but I know he also loves Oreos.........so a big surprise when he opened his package!
 CARD CLOSED (front view)

This card is a 6x6 Gate card.  I merely scored 3" on each side of a 6x12 and went from there, using up my stash again.  My resolution for this year is to use it up or give it away before I can buy anymore!

The sentiment from Squigglefly (Birthday Medley) is by Jess Holland and is very inexpensive and has been used so many times by me it's invaluable.  You can even change the color of the wording for your own purposes.  The inch worm is pop dotted, the toadstools (fungi) are a rak from a friend and the ladybugs
CARD OPENING - Birthday Medley is attached to right gate.

CENTER OF CARD WITH WINGS OPEN

Happy Birthday to a Fun-Gi (fun guy)!  Get it???

Keep your imagination going - come up with some great ideas of your own.  Enjoy life and surprise someone with a card this week!

3 comments:

  1. Oh this is cute Linda! I like how you did the sky in the inside. I agree about that Birthday medley image - I use it a lot too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops! Meant to tell you to tell your hubby Happy Birthday from me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!