Monday, March 19, 2012

2 FLOWER CARDS - SFC 1112 - Handmade flowers

By Image Artist Angela Donato
SQUIGGLEFLY CHALLENGE SFC1112

Do you love yoyos as much as I do?  I love to make them and have them on hand for all sorts of projects.  Then I can take a simply elegant already made up flower (purchased) and attach it to the center of the yoyo and come up with something my own.

This lovely card was really easy to do.  The script backgrd. is from a cuttlebug folder embossing and then rubbed with a THoltz distress ink pad.  The beautiful puffy flower (peony) was cut out with space around it using one of my spellbinders.  The leaves are from a Heartfelt Creation die - I had several cut and filed according to size and item so I could just pull and color and attach.

The Sugar and Spice is a low profile chipboard accent.  The whole card is just 4.25 x 5.5 but looks much largers, doesn't it.  I hope you liked it.  I also hope you join us in the most recent challenge at Squigglefly's blogspot as you could win free digis just for creating something and being the lucky draw!


 Allie & Her Bunny - artist Cheryl Alger
In the Squigglefly shop NOW!!

I received a very cute 'thinking of you' card from my step daughter and it inspired me to do more round cards.  So with 8.5 x 11 sheet of cardstock, I cut a circle card leaving about a 1 1/2 inch for the actual fold area.  I then I layered various circle sizes and added my image of Allie and Her Bunny, by image artist Cheryl Alger! 

The flowers are handmade by me -  and I do seel a few if you are interested.  The centers come empty to you so you can put a rhinestone brad/button/pearl/ or whatever in the center.

Pardon the tilt in the card.  I'm still seeing double from my surgery on Monday, so this is really taking a chance!  Have a great Easter!

5 comments:

  1. I love both cards! The first (Puffy Flower) is so elegant and the coloring is great! The second is so springy and love those crocheted flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards Linda. I just adore that Cheryl Alger image that you used on a circular card! Super great and those flowers--YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your cards are wonderful! Love the gorgeous flower, you've colored it perfectly! Hope the double vision is soon gone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two wonderful cards Linda! Your first one is kind of vintage looking to me, and your second one is just plain adorable! I love your yo yo with the flower - it makes a great accent!
    Your round card has some lovely crocheted flowers and I really like the clipped on tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I especially love your crocheted flowers on the second card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!