Monday, February 13, 2012

It's All About Heart - SFC 0612


Today begins Holley's Hobbyists challenge of Have a Heart - very easy rules, here you go:

Have a Heart. Give me a heart, a heart shaped card, a card with a heart embellishment, a card with a "heart" saying, or heart in the image....doesn't have to be Valentine's day theme, as long as it has some real heart to it

I chose to use my 2nd image I had printed of Wild Goose Antiques by Diane Knott (I love her work).  After coloring with copics, I first coated the sign with a clear cracked matte finish and allowed it to dry.  I decided after that to distress it even further with the Photo Distress Ink and then a 2nd mounting and we're ready for the card.

I chose a card I had partially made up.  I have a box of extra fronts I won't use for much else, and they become very accessible at times for quick cards and note cards and such.

I also used a lovely red/white wreath from my friend Pammie - I dearly love this punch and need to get me one!  I added a few gems and ribbon and wallah, we have a 4.25x5.5 card ready to send for almost any occasion.

So join in by grabbing yourself a digi from the Squigglefly shop or a freebie also available at the shop, and perhaps win yourself a wonderful digi or digi set!

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Linda! I love the distressing you did - it's beautiful! That wreath from the punched leaves is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness Linda! this card is just amazing!! Did you see that you won the paper pad I was giving away? I will get it out in the mail shortly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card and image. Love the wreath around the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you did with the image! Well, I love what you did with the whole card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Linda. I love that embellishment and I love that image. I would have never thought to put those two together and when I see your card it's amazing. Gives me great ideas and inspiration. Hugs, Holley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!