Thursday, February 2, 2012

GRINNING FROM EAR TO EAR

Grinning Retriever by Artist Chesney Young
Image being launched February 4, 2012

I thought I'd give you a sneak peek at a really funny grinning retriever coming out at  Squigglefly's shop this weekend!  Now if you have ever had any contact with a retriever you will know they are a super devoted single master canine!  However, never have I seen one with a full new set of dentures as this one has!  I well imagined he was dreaming about it raining bones - such as the sentiment says.

The card is a 6x6 with layers of various pp from my stash.  I did overlay a vellum sheet with gold lace on it.  Then I cut the heart and embossed it from my Spellbinders.  The caption is computer generated from a collection I had kept for years.  However, I had NO bones.  I had given the last of my puppy/dog items to my daughter for her scrapbook.  So out comes the Shrink Film and hubbie and I decided we would try our hand at making our own bones.

WELL NO BONES ABOUT IT, 
this card has a lot of grin in it!

6 comments:

  1. Ahh, what a lovie! There's nothing like a smiling golden unless its two smiling goldens! I see two smiling at me now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! This is too funny! Just makes YOU smile! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda this is wonderful! I love your whole card - the layout and the colors and those perfect little bones! Your sentiment is terrific and your coloring on this grinning pup is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sweet goldie makes me giggle!! He definitely looks very happy! Love the way you presented him - your card is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This image just made me laugh - I had a yellow labbie several years ago and I swear he would smile - very cute and sweet image and awesome card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!