Thursday, October 27, 2011

NEWSFLASH! - BIRTHDAY

HAMBOHOEDOWN 39 - Newsprint Challenge
This newscaster represents one of the most trustworthy organizations on the planet!  He even keeps company with Clark Kent!  Well, maybe not really, but what fun it was to develop this 4.25x5.5 birthday card.  Hambo Hoedown gave us the image free for participating last week and asked that we create something with newsprint.

Well the background of my card is a reverse newsprint copy on Club Scrap heavy cardstock!  I have held on to several pieces and finally found something to use it for.

The newscaster is done in copics (of course! - just am so addicted to them!).  I created a faux wood cabinet around his sound booth.   The buttons are really neat, and they came from my friend Mary.  One day when she visited she brought me a whole bag of unusual buttons.  What fun!!!

I'm going to do several more as I always print more than one image when I'm printing digis.  Remember to send birthday cards out to your friends as well as family.  It makes a smile happen!  Meanwhile, stop over at Hambo Hoedown and when you arrive home, watch the news!!!

5 comments:

  1. Such a great job you did on the card and your coloring is amazing! You certainly have learned the art of Copics!! hugs,T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card. Love the coloring; it really makes this stand out! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Your coloring is superb! Thanks for playing along at the Hoedown!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!