Wednesday, October 19, 2011

HOPE You Can Cling To Challenge

This week Joan's Gardens Weekly Challenge is supporting the Second Annual "Hope You Can Cling To" Challenges at SCS. We have chosen the "Fight Like A Girl" challenge that was posted October 11 for our challenge this week. Here is the info about this challenge ( HYCCT1111):
 
Create a card or project with some girlie embellishments; flowers, lace, glitter, bling, pearls, ribbons..... all things girlie! 

I decided I'd really fight like a girl with this card.  I support cancer awareness all the way; especially after being a 21 year survivor of uterine/ovarian cancer.  I salute the ladies surviving breast cancer - their strength is remarkable.

For my card, I free handed the cut out of a bra.  I actually saw a similar card in a 2009 magazine a friend gave me 2 days ago and wallah I was off and cutting and creating!  Lots of paper lace (also given to me from a friend and her faithful punches) AND LOTS of rhinestones and pearls.  Did you notice the double strand of pearls below the bow?  :)

Come join me either at Splitcoast Stampers or Joan's Gardens and create for a cause!

3 comments:

  1. Cute card! Great way to support the cause. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, this is adorable!!!!!! You did a fantastic job with your "hand cutting". It is so good to see your entering the challenges again. I have missed you!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our Weekly Challgens.

    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!