Monday, October 24, 2011

FOR MY FRIEND

WOW, the month of October is just slipping by too fast.

Hi, Linda W. here again.

I love the fall and the friendly pot lucks and craft fairs.  I just love getting together and enjoying the beautiful but short lived weather we have in the Midwest.  Again, I would like to say thank you to all my friends at Crafter's Companion.    It's been wonderful being a guest design team member. 

Well to continue in our theme for October - FRIENDS - I decided to create a 5x7 card using many more ideas to help me stretch my creativity.  First let me say that when you purchase a stampset from Crafter's Companion, you will be surprised to learn you can take one member of any stampset and place it with a different stampset member to get a different scene.

This is what I did with my card.  I took Souffle the Duck from my Popcorn the Bear stampset and the Teacher from the S.W.A.L.K. stampset.  I gave Souffle a special tag which says "for my friend" to give to his teacher.  One must always be on the good side of the teacher, right?

Everything is colored with copics which can be purchased from Crafter's Companion and I did a bit of Stickles Glitter on the grass.  Souffle and the Teacher are both pop dotted for depth.  A long corsage pin with beads and a ribbon is included at the top of the lacey doily.  I double layered lace (real and paper) in a vertical fashion in back of my images.  The backdrop is an embossed card stock from my cuttlebug of hearts and flowers intertwining amongst each other.  I rubbed it with Wild Honey distress ink to get a more pronounced feeling of soft velvet.  Everything is attached to a sheet of 7x10 white cardstock which has been folded to a 5x7 card.  I enjoyed making this card.

Well thank you for looking in on my creation.  Hug a friend and have a beautiful day.  Hugs, Linda W.

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!