Monday, October 10, 2011

Bunches of Love

Hi there, Linda here.  I've been absent from my love of coloring for a few months, all due to a medical emergency.  I relied a lot on all my friends for many things during my absence.  Friendship is a wonderful thing; I hope you will take a moment and reflect on your friends.  I am so happy that Denise and the ladies have asked me to be a guest designer for the month of October and the perfect theme - FRIENDS.  How precious are all of our friends!
I have a gift to give a friend.  They are seeds from my very own Candy Tuft Iris.  It's such a tiny flower but it produces such large seeds for reproducing, I always give them away with my love and wish for a happy growing season.

I chose a wedge card to carry my gift to my friend.  The wedge card is so easily created with the use of your Ultimate Companion and accessories!  If you don't have one, check out the Crafter's Companion website for a wonderful opportunity to stretch your creativity.  Truthfully it's basically 6 folds and 2 holes punched. 

For my scalloped card on the front of my wedge card, I chose Bunches of Love from the POPCORN THE BEAR stampset collections.  However, I chose to dress it up a bit more with some really glitzy fall primas all dazzled with their very own glitter.  On the original stampset there are tulips, but since this is fall and my gift is that of a fall nature, I colored in the tulips darkly and used glue dots to fasten the flowers down over the tulips.  In this manner the tulips didn't show and it appears as if the petalled flowers were intended to be there.  I chose a beautiful fall sheer ribbon to tie my wedge card shut and added a tag (see the instructions provided you with your Ultimate Companion and boards).  I promise you they are super easy!

The image is colored with my copics which can also be purchased from Crafter's Companion.  It's truly a one stop shopping for me.

Til we meet again along the way, SMILE and be a friend.  Hugs, Linda


3 comments:

  1. Your seeds sound like a gift from heaven! And such a pretty card to carry them along! I'm glad you are well enough to create a little. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Popcorn bear and the way you colored it!

    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Linda Great card... I am home early from my SU Appreciation Day.. So am hopping through the blogs. Love this card...

    Hugs, Pammie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!