Sunday, May 1, 2011

Only 1 week til Mother's Day...

While my mother passed away when I was very young, I still remember her love and push she gave me to keep trying in everything I do.  She was a very creative person even while she was caring for four children!  I still can't even imagine it - she was a widow with 4 children at 34 years of age!

One of my fondest memories was coming home from school and finding her oil painting one of those paint by number sets on black velvet!  I was very very young but I recall that scene so vividly.  She taught me crocheting and embroidery as well as sketching.  I'm not the most proficient at any of it but I'm a willing worker!
This little sweetie is thinking - perhaps about what the children are up to.  She's a S.W.A.L.K. (sealed with a little kiss) stampset and comes with additional stamps to help you create that perfect layout or card.  Priced at under $5 - she's a gem from Crafter's Companion USA!  And surprise, there's a 20% off sale all week!

I used items I've had in my stash and colored her with my copics.  Added a bit of crocheted edging (from the store) and a few pearl beads, and she's going to surprise another mom in my life! 

Our April blog contest is over (sadly)!  I was hoping to obtain a few more followers but since I'm new at blogging and cannot find a lot of time to devote to it, I'm thankful for everyone of you who does follow me.  So this afternoon I'll be going thru the various comments and pulling a lucky name with our random no. generator.  Stop back to see if it was you!

And get prepared for May's contest! CLICK HERE for a preview - you will not want to miss this one!

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!