Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Baby I'm not complaining..........

it's a bit hot here in SW Wisconsin.  We hit 93 on all of our thermometers yesterday - from a norm of 61!  We are promised 2 more days of 80's but rain both days...........and I am not complaining.  The birds have shown up to start nesting and we are having a blast at listening to their lovely songs!  Check 'em out!
My husband has counted over 30 goldfinches at a time on our 3 socks.
Notice the female ruby throated hummingbird sitting on the feeder.  Yes we saw the male there as well as a 2nd female!

 Red bellied woodpecker on the suet feeder; female downy woodpecker waiting; orioles in the backdrop of the branches......
 Red bellied woodpecker on the suet (yet); oriole on the hummingbird feeder (!).........


Nuthatch and oriole
Now to get back to card making!

3 comments:

  1. Wowsers, those are awesome pics! So when are we going to see your lo's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, I'm so jealous of your finches! We have only gotten finches a couple of years. You got some great shots of these beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your finches! I want to try this feeder sock in our backyard. What did you use for food--regular birdseed? Can I get the feeder sock at a feed store (horses & cows)? I'd love it if some birds visited us.

    Hugs
    Anna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!