Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I am motivated....I am Squigglefly Challenged!

Squigglefly is having the greatest challenge (SFC 93) for people who love to use fabric and stitching - rather real or faux - in their card and project making!  I love to sew = on cards, quilts, layoutsa, you name it, I've done it!  So my choice of their hummer for this project was easy - as the hummingbird is really my favorite visitor every summer!

This lovely hummingbird is a freebie download at Squigglefly (CLICK!)........try it before you buy it - great motto.  Their digis are really awesome!  I have a few places I get digis from and am happy to include Squigglefly in my shopping list now.

This ruby throated hummingbird is seeking nectar from the trumpet flower!  The bird is done in copics and adhered afterward to the Spellbinder Fleur de lis rectangle.  This is because I do not own that nestie but my wonderful friend Anna does and she shares with me in our scrapbook/card making group thru what we call Piffing.  I actually did a tiny zig zag around the card front before adhering the bird and fleur de lis.

I edged the fleur de lis with tea dye distressed ink.  The card front is edged with Krylon gold.  Everything is placed on a beautiful color of bazzill which I also trimmed with some sewing.  The tea dye lace on the lower half of the easel card was created my ME!  I love to crochet so I crocheted my own lace for this project!

The lower half of the card was first covered with a cloth paper that I've kept for eons never knowing when the right project would come.  Today it came!  The placement of this paper fabric makes this card eligible in our group blog's challenge.......you should take a look at what Allie did!

I hope you like this and I've given you some incentive to get that portable sewing machine out again - or why not try a treadle!  I have one of those too!  :)

7 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely Linda!! I'm always happy to see stitching on a project.
    I just wanted to welcome you to the Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog Design Team!! I look forward to working with you. Stacy H-W

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!! Thanks for playing along at Squigglefly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, gorgeous card! I love your coloring and your lace hand crocheted trim is awesome! I love to crochet little embellishments for my cards too and would love to know the pattern for your lace trim!
    I'm so happy you joined in Squigglefly's challenge! I really hope to see you in future ones too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable. Your cards are so cute. Welcome to the design team.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice!!!! Wish I was that creative!!!! Too CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzer!! This is just amazing!! Gorgeous easel design and your coloring is so pretty too!! I adore your stitching details...so lovely!! Thanks for joining with us at the Squigglefly challenge!! Smiles, Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!