Friday, February 11, 2011

Hoorah for the Students of Alternative Energy Sources!

These are the students in ENERGY 3240: Fundamentals of Energy Sources class at the Univ. of Wisconsin - Platteville.   About 39 students and professors chose our home to tour and discuss alternative energy sources with my husband.  I took pictures, hahahaha!  Everyone who knows me, knows I can't stand still w/o talking, so we had a blast with everyone.  Lots of questions and we even got in a few questions of the group!
 It was the perfect day for solar usage too.  I baked up chocolate chip cookies and a rhubarb cake in the morning and presented the cookies to the students and profs.  Big hit there!  Ran out of cookies.  So I hid the rhubarb cake - no seriously I did not do that (hide the cake)!
Under observation were our solar oven; solar cooker; 2 solar water heaters; electric bikes; passive solar energy heating system of the south side of our home, and a few more items including our entire earth berm home.  I cannot tell them how much I appreciated their kindness and wonderful attention to my husband's display.  Seems like there wasn't enough time for everything, even tho they overstayed their allowed time.  From here they left to look at biomass at the coal power plant in Cassville.

3 comments:

  1. How cool is that! You are the first people I have known who really mean business when it comes to conservation! I loved reading about all the things you have going on! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left you a little something on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda,
    WOW, I had no idea you were in Wisconsin! I've missed a few posts. Cuba City is located about two hours southwest of me in Janesville!
    I love that you have so much green going on. I wish I did my utilities are out outrageous, I'm always shutting off and unplugging things.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!