Tuesday, February 1, 2011

2009 Poinsettias living into 2011

 I wanted to post some of my poinsettia pics I took today.  These babies were from 2009 Christmas season.  I raised them thru the summer of 2010 in the flower beds, one didn't make it.  But these 2 huge beauties did and were able to brighten the solar room thru Christmas and New Years 2010/11 and onward.
 And I've been waiting for the center yellow flower to bloom.  This is what poinsettias do - just because the leaves turn white or red does not mean they are blooming.  The center must turn yellow and they are getting beautiful.  They sure drink a lot of water tho - but they are over 2 feet in height too.
I do a lot of misting their leaves to keep them healthy.  I hope you enjoyed your Christmas flowers too.  This is the first time ever I have carried over Poinsettias for such a long time.  It is fun.

1 comment:

  1. I am the #1 Poinsettia killer around here! I dearly love these flowers and decided I would try one more time to see if I could keep one alive. I purchased one and brought it home and proceeded to kill the poor thing one leaf at a time. No matter what I try, I just don't have the knack for these! Never again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!