Friday, January 21, 2011

New Tag, New Gift and Altered Gift Box

Well it all started with knitting 4 six foot neck scarves for daughters and grand-daughter and sil.  Of course, I need special tags in a Valentine/heart theme.  Then comes the altered boxes.

The tag began with a Versafine stamped heart images crowded with flowers on a pink cs.  I pop dotted another heart reading love, love, love.........and mounted that on a black tag (handmade).  This recipient has a cat, loves teddy bears and is a camera buff, so I added a charm of each for her.  I really really hope she likes it.  All the goodies were in my stash so I purchased nothing which will make my friend Lindsy happy as we are in a stash bash together! 

This tag will be in Joan's Gardens Challenge Tag #3 due on Sunday Jan. 23.

Next comes the gift box!  Formerly it was a really nice candy box - I love to find old boxes and alter them and this was adorable. First I painted inside and out with a MM strawberries and cream mixed with white - using a couple coats.  Then a bit of ribbon and jute - quilled flowres, flourishes (from my friend Anna) and some paper from my stash.

The tag and box and oh so soft scarf are ready for delivery!  Now on to the other 3!!!

The altered box is a challenge at Joan's Gardens this week.  With a box, a flourish, a flower and a butterfly - I'm ready to sit back and just feel good about what I created.

5 comments:

  1. Both are just lovely! So much creativity going on there.....I never learned to knit but always loved the finished products. I know everyone will love those scarves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda,
    OMGosh! you really should feel great about these creations they are amazing. Love the tag and the altered box and I'm sure the person receiving these will be filled with wonder and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Love the box! Great work on this project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness...your entire creation is wonderful! The tag, the box, and that SCARF!! What a wonderful gift! Congrats on your tag win on Joan's blog. Nice to share the spotlight with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, go ahead and sit back, it is delightful!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!