Saturday, January 29, 2011

It's a Tag Bookmark and a Card

Tag Challenge #4
and
Card Challenge

 This card and bookmark tag will be a real surprise for my avid book reader!  She loves birds and Emily Dickinson, so it just doesn't get any better.  Both will be entered in Joan's Gardens Challenge and the requirements are:
1.  Use Yellow and Green for your colors
2.  a piece of trim
3.  a frame to call attention to your focal point
4.  embossing (card background)
.
 This time of year I love to watch the chickadees.  This poem with chickadees was framed to call attention to the poem.  A lovely piece of Recollections Trim was added, some cuttlebug quilled leaves, and with the embossed leafy background done with first chalk and then smoothed out with TH Tea Dye, I achieved that calm feeling about the card.  I also completed all 4 requirements of Joan's Gardens Challenge.
The bookmark tag has been mounted 4 times on lace I punched with a MS punch.  The little bluebirds and their love letters and mailboxes are all done in copics.  A bit of yellow ribbon added to keep the tag from disappearing inside the book as she closes it completes the project.

All entries are in Joan's Gardens Challenges.  The tag will be up for voting from Sunday evening thru Tues. morning.  The card set will entered into a random no. generator drawing.

3 comments:

  1. I love everything about this! Those little birds are adorable and I especially love the mailboxes! Well done my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful image!!! Love your tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda,
    Both these creations are wonderful. I just love those little birds on the card. The tag makes me giggle just a little. The sparrows in my mailbox chatter around just like that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!