Sunday, December 12, 2010

Window into Time and Challenge #26

Joan's Garden Challenge #26
I found this wonderful piece of wood grained cardstock in my stash eons ago and have never used it.  Today with Joan's new #26 Garden Challenge, I found an opportunity.  It'll also double as that extra Christmas card I also need for a friend!

The window images if from CTMH FATHER CHRISTMAS.  I have a yummy piece of red vintage paper for my background on my card.  The white background sheet has been run thru my cuttlebug and also the nestie cutting was saved for use another time.  I used icicle stickles all around the opening, some copic pen coloring and chalking around the window image and on the candle in the window.  I love using my new Krylon 18 kt gold pen that I purchased from Joan's shop, so I ran that around the opening and the exteriors of everything.  I love that little bit extra.  Embossed Merry Christmas on the faux wood cs and attached a small cord bow.  A few diamond blings to accent the window full of snow and wallah, all is well as everyone waits for Christmas to arrive.

Joan's qualifications for this challenge were very simple and are shown below.  But basically a card with white, snow or snowflakes, chalking and the window look.

Come on over and meet Joan...you'll love her service and her artistic talent.  Her challenges are oh so worthwhile entering into as well.  Last week I won a BIG ONE - as soon as it arrives I'll show you!  It indeed is my Christmas gift this year just for playing along with the group and learning new things.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty card!! Love the window scene!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!