Friday, November 12, 2010

Window Card

FIRST OF ALL, let me say CONGRATULATIONS to my daughter Shelly for achieving her very PERSONAL WEIGHT WATCHER GOAL at last evening's meeting!!!!! YAHHHHH for Shelly! You go girl!!! :)

And meanwhile back at the ranch.........

 This week at Joan's Garden Challenge #23 we were given the opportunity to do a window card.  I must say

Front of Window Card
I'm not too familiar yet with doing them - it was a lot of fun tho.  I need to work on it a bit tho.
Interior of card
 The requirements are:

1. Create a Window card  (Create an opening on the front of the card to see the image stamped inside.)  
2. Use Christmas Ornament - or something similar
3. Some thing Gold
4. Something fuzzy
(interior page is a gold cardstock and I used a fuzzy gold yarn wound around the card several times to meet both the gold and fuzzy requirements.)

I embossed the Christmas ornament with silver CTMH ep on a ruby colored bazzill and fussy cut it out.  The ornament itself is pop dotted for dimension from the interior tag.  The outside was distressed with Garnet CTMH ink pad and then gently rubbed Tim Holtz Tattered Rose over the cuttlebug designed background of the front page.  I also put a bit of silver around the entire opening - I always love the Gold and Silver idea at Christmas, even tho I'm a vintage person.

Hope you like it.  If you are looking for some awesome deals as well as a wonderful challenge to your card making abilities (or project making), come on over to Joan's Garden right away!

8 comments:

  1. I love this window technique so much Linda that I'm just gonna have to steal it! Gorgeous work!

    Hugs,
    Anna N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done, love it!!! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your daughter and her WW loss! Your window card is lovely! I'm still thinking about this challenge.....I can't decide which shape I want to use, but you have nailed this! I just love the gold and silver you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda you did a beautiful job with this challenge. Love your card. Congrats to your daughter on her weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda,
    This is sooo pretty. I love the colors you chose. Congrats to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, great job on your window card. I love how you are learning new things and doing so well with them. You show us great ideas!

    Thanks so much for playing in Joan's Gardens #23 weekly challenge. I love all the different ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW how'd I miss this??? This is beautiful! You did such an amazing job!!
    On a side note ... congrats to your daughter for meeting her weight loss goal ... that is FABULOUS!! I'm still striving towards mine!! But I'll get there!! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hadn't seen your card yet, but we both used nearly the same tools and idea!! GMTA! Your card is beautiful and I just LOVE the ornament!! So festive!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!