Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Trick or Treat (and Joan's Garden Challenge #18)

 A surprise card for my great grandchildren!  This card also fulfills Joan's Garden Challenge #18 - a site I'm just loving to follow, participate in challenges and learn from the techniques.  Joan also has an awesome store designed for all of us card makers!    Her requirements for this challenge are:

Paper-Vertical Strip
Die Cut Flower - If you don't have a die cut you can cut by hand
Some kind of alteration to card stock- Diamond Glaze, cracked ice or anything to change the texture...even embossing
A Swirl - either pearls, rhinestones, paper, or stamped

This all evolved because recently I made up some 6 5/8 x 6 5/8 in. envelopes for a friend and realized I hadn't made up a 6x6 card in seemingly eons.  So this Trick or Treat card is just that.  I used Bazzill vanilla for the card base but did all my work on a special 6x6 of tiny spiders running thru it.  I distressed the edges with sandpaper and then used Distressed Black from CTMH for edging to deepen the contrast. 

The vertical strip is very narrow.  Actually the horizontal strip at the bottom started out as a vertical but alas as I changed my mind I found I liked the strip on the bottom so cut another for the left side.

I colored Tilda with copics and distressed her nestie she's sitting in.  Stretching the feet beyond the nestie is my first attempt at this.  Found the instructions on You Tube.  The pumpkins are EZ RUBONS from Royal Brush.  The flowers (SOLOZ Stamp) of which I have no name for are in 3D effect and the edges curled with a double point knitting needle.   The cats are and bat (on the broom) from Recollections and popdotted for lift.  "Trick or Treat" is a Heidi Grace Chipboard.

Visit Joan's store for some excellent buys!

2 comments:

  1. That's super cute. I love the coloring on Tilda and those adorable flowers. Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, wow this is truly a piece of art. I love all the details you used on the card. Your image is adorable.

    Thanks so much for playing in Joan's
    Gardens #18 Weekly Challenge.

    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!