Sunday, October 24, 2010

HOLIDAY CARDS

Joan's Gardens Challenge #20

Hooray!  Off to a great start with my holiday cards - and I literally needed a challenge to do it!  I love, love, love the Basic Grey Jovial Paper Pack I won at Joans Gardens and the plaid is definitely a big fave of this Midwesterner!  Joan's recipe card requirements for Challenge #20 are:
  • A tree (any kind) - Christmas Evergreen
  • An embossed object (not a background) - The Evergreen
  • Something cut out with a die - 2 Nesties around the tree
  • Brads - Snowman

So I chose a 6x6 card size and embossed a Christmas Tree from the CTMH Evergreen clear stamps using Evergreen Embossing Powder from Ranger. I then die cut the tree with a nestability and shaded around the edge of the nestie with a lighter green.  I removed the actual mini embossed edge from the tree die and die cut another nestie (same size) in a green and mounted the 2 together so the green slightly extended beyond the tree die cut.   I also distressed the edges of the plaid BG Jovial with sandpaper and stitched that to a 6x6 black cardstock.  Then I decided to make my own Snowman brads using snowmen I've been hoarding for a few years.  Altho they could've been just stuck down with dimensional dots, I wanted a little movement and more of an impression to the recipient.  I used CA glue to strongly affix the brad to the back of the snowman button and wallah!  The CA glue is something my husband uses in his RC hobbies.  The real reason is I just wanted to be different!  The black ric rac, bow and beautiful acrylic snowflake attached to the ric rac are from stash also.  I'm striving to really make large dents in all my stash with cards this year!

4 more cards to my Christmas card box!  Hope I've inspired you to make something special today!

I couldn't resist working on some snowmen today - but glad they are only on paper yet!  This little fella is waterbrushed with CTMH Daisy White.  I simply pressed the pad to my acrylic block and lifted the paint from there.  A little touch up with copics to the heart and nose and wallah!  And of course he's distressed all around the edges - after all it's too warm for him to stay yet!

3 comments:

  1. Linda, you picked one of my favorite papers. I just love the plaid in the Jovial paper pad.
    Great job on your snowman brad too. Just beautiful.

    Thanks so much for playing in Joan's Gardens #20 Weekly Challenge. I love seeing all the beautiful creations.

    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you tuned in too!! Love your little snowman!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, thanks for playing along with the ABC challenge this time. Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!