Saturday, October 16, 2010

Breast Cancer Awareness Month


I have enjoyed sending a card a week to my youngest daughter who is an RN for kids in a major hospital in Milwaukee.  Most of her patients are in some phase of cancer and she really spends extra time with the children in her rounds, making cards, helping parents thru the various stages of the diseases, and sometimes, yes, sometimes helping them fill a scrapbook with memories of their loved ones who have lost the battle.  It's sad, but she loves her job, and she's great at her job!

So this week, this card goes to her for her desk - and it also goes into Joan's Garden Challenge #19.  I used a Martha Stewart punch for the top and bottom edges, I created my own paper flowers from the Cuttlebug quilled rose set, the Just Because is a Just Rite image, and my background paper is CTMH.

Do something special for someone this week - make their day!

2 comments:

  1. Great card for a great cause Linda. Love those colors.

    Thanks so much for playing in Joan's Gardens #19 Weekly Challenge. I love seeing all the beautiful entries.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your marker work --are they Copics? My mom is a breast cancer survivor so hurray for this card! :) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!