Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day 2010



Memorial day weekend comes to a quiet close at our homestead. I took time to reflect on my parents and the difficult path they must have taken in their courtship during the war. When my father finally returned from WWII, they quickly got married and settled down to their home and children (all 4 of us!). I have wonderful news clippings of the local paper at that time and I treasure the memories. If he only was still here, he could be one of those going on the Honor Flights for the veterans to Washington DC. He would have loved it!

But as for us and this long weekend...we did the 'staycation' thing - no travelling the roads fighting traffic...just enjoy every minute of our wonderful homestead. Our strawberry bed began yielding beautiful fruit so I made up a delicious golden shortcake to complement them.

Oh of course we went for a couple bike rides and long walks in the woods as well - but lawn mowing, weed pulling and just sitting and swinging rounded out the weekend. We are looking forward to some rain this week.

I did spend some time working on cards for a swap I'm in and also cards for our troops. But I did not get everything done I wanted to do and have decided I need to set priorities.

Above is a very simple card using a child's image from Stampin' Up (from a friend) as well as copics, bazzill paper, and even my new Martha Stewart Edge Punch and a few embellishments.

Tomorrow my Princess Raggs (our lovely grey feline) will be 9 years old! She'll have to have a special plate of tuna for sure - and of course a birthday picture for her album. Yes, she has her own portion of an album dedicated to all of our cats, past and present.

Hope you enjoyed your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!