Friday, April 2, 2010

GOOD FRIDAY

We returned from Good Friday services this afternoon and quickly noticed how much our Pussy Willow tree had decided to bloom in one short afternoon! This tree resides south of my kitchen window so I can watch the birds come and play continually. Hummingbirds and orioles will sit in it and remind me they are back and waiting for succulent nectar! This tree, now approximately 18 yo, originated as a branch in a lovely bouquet of flowers from my husband. The branch had rooted in the bouquet so I thought I'd plant it - and alas, we have a 20 foot tree!

"Into thine hands, O Lord, I commend my spirit." In manus tuas, Domine, commendo spiritum meum. Lk. 23

(one hymn very close to my heart:)
Jesus, Keep Me Near the Cross
Text: Fanny J. Crosby, 1820-1915
Music: William H. Doane, 1832-1915
Tune: NEAR THE CROSS, Meter: 76.76 with Refrain

1. Jesus, keep me near the cross;
there a precious fountain,
free to all, a healing stream,
flows from Calvary's mountain.
Refrain:
In the cross, in the cross,
be my glory ever,
till my raptured soul shall find
rest beyond the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!