Monday, October 5, 2015

NEW GIRL AND NEW CHALLENGE (READ IT ALL)

OUTLAWZ GREETINGS CHALLENGE opens up this week with a wonderful WELCOME ABOARD TO MICHELLE VATAFU!  


 
I am married with one daughter.  My husband is a wonder and has no clue (or doesn’t care) how much I spend on crafts LOL!  My daughter just entered into her first year university.  I have been crafting for most of my life and began with scrapbooking about 16 years ago.  I am a bit of a perfectionist so it was taking me about 5 or 6 hours minimum to do one layout.  I started seeing how some people make cards and found that it was with Copic Markers.  I was immediately hooked!  In less than a year I had every colour and Jennifer Dover’s colour charts, along with Alyce’s lessons from Kit and Clowder, and off i was learning how to use my Copic Markers.  This was about 2 years ago and I continue to grow as a colourist each and every project I complete.

Today I am enthralled with this mixed media stuff that I see Vicky Papaioannou do, that again, I had to buy the stuff she is using like Gelato’s and the Stamper’s Big Brush Pens and all the mixed media stuff and voila!  Another tenticle of our craft as it branches out even further.  NOW, I just need to find time to learn how to do that and use all the new products LOL.  

My daughter keeps us very busy as she plays Softball for her University, so we travel all over Ontario right now with her while she completes this season.  Softball finishes at the end of October so after this time, I am good to get back into crafting and making cards, cards, cards.  

My blog is michellevata.blogspot.ca.  I would love for you to pop in anytime and if you see what you like, leave me a message.
 
NOW CHECK OUT OUR CHALLENGE THIS WEEK.............
Theme:  Halloween Party! Get your Halloween Card/invite ready

SPONSOR THIS WEEK:
 

MY EASEL CARD USING YO HO HO!!!
 ...a little closer...
COME PLAY WITH US AT THE OUTLAWZ THIS WEEK!
WONDERFUL PRIZES AWAIT BOTH WEEKLY AND MONTHLY!

5 comments:

  1. Haha, looks like Rannah left you lots of LOVE today! I can't made it fast enough to your blog before her. She's awesome.

    Your easel card is 'R-RIFIC!' Linda! Such a fun and brilliant layout! I love the color choices for the dog and parrot and that parrot is just too cute with its costume! Now those eyes! I feel like they are following. LOL. Have a lovely week Linda.

    Hugs, Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous easel card. I love your little dog trinkets.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!