Monday, August 31, 2015

WELCOME ABOARD CHRISTINA

  CHRISTINA - OUR NEW DESIGN TEAM MEMBER!
BLOG:  https://llpearls.wordpress.com/

WELCOME to Christina Hor, our newest Design Team member, as she joins the OUTLAWZ GREETINGS GROUP in August.  You will be in awe of her beautiful work and enjoy her bio below:

My name is Christina Hor, pronounced as “HALL” by the way in case you’re wondering.  I'm 35 years old.  WOW did I just admit my age?!  I’m a stay-at-home mom of three adorable young children and married to the most incredible, loving and supportive husband.  It is him that I was able to leave my well-established career as a Financial Accountant in 2008 to be a stay-at-home mom.  

My passion for handmade and self-taught arts and crafts came at age twelve, when I was first introduced to needlework and made my first “Home-Sweet-Home” wall art piece with threads.   Since then my passion for handcrafts expanded onto cake decoration during college Sophomore Year.  It wasn’t until Christmas of 2006 did I learned about the world of rubber stamping and card-making.   Never did I know that all it took was one simple CAS style handmade Christmas greeting card from a friend,  stamped with a single evergreen tree on a piece of Christmas colors cardstock that would drove me to become obsess with stamping and card-making. 

I'm a CAS style kind of gal and like to focus on images and "create a scene" with theme.   However, I have no art background and no understanding of colors but I have a thirst for learning.   So wanting to bring my images to life, I started digging and came upon the world of coloring with Copic markers early Winter 2014.  With countless hours of watching tutorials on YouTube and simply by practicing coloring weekly, I slowly begin to understand how colors work and how to add dept to my images.  Now I can't seem to put my stamps and Copic markers down.
What inspired me to continue making cards are the people that I meet along the way. Though I'm very weak in expressing myself through words, I discovered that I touch and make a different in people lives through my stamps.   With every card I create, there is always a story behind it, a recipient it goes to and with it memories treasured. I don't have cards stash away once completed.  Currently I am an on-going charity worker for the Heart Center at Nationwide Children's Hospital here in Ohio.  Working closely with the head nurse since April 2015, I create personalized sympathy cards for the families that lost their precious newborn to heart disease. So at the end of the day, though the cards are finished and my markers put away, the memories I share with the recipients, both happy and sad stayed in my heart.  Which is how I came up with the name Memories Crafter for my blog.  That's my story and my journey as a cardmaker.
Meanwhile, come on over to OUTLAWZ GREETINGS CHALLENGE and enter August's first challenge (MAKE US SMILE OR LAUGH) with all of us! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh thank you for the warmest welcome Linda! And thank you for inviting me to be part of your beautiful awesome team! I'm excited and look forward to working with and getting to know everyone. Have a lovely and blessed day Linda. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!