Monday, September 1, 2014

WALKING THE PATH OF DETERMINATION

I was asked to be a Guest Design Team member of Lisa Decosse's PATH OF POSITIVITY for the month of September and feel very honored.  Here's my card created with a digi called JUST DANCE from PICKLED POTPOURRI.  Please read on!

DIGI OF DANCER from PICKLED POTPOURRI

The sponsors and prizes for this challenge are:A prize package of a $7 gift certificate to the Pickled Potpourri Designs store (good for any digital product), from our guest sponsors this month, for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
  • Three digital images from Ike's Art for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
  • One digital image from Creative Bug Digital Stamps for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
There will also  be:
  • One digital designer paper (made to order in a few different ways) from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky voter who leaves a comment.
  • One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge. 
STAY THE COURSE
Determination in the end is POWER.  Never go backward.  Attempt and do it with all your might, said Charles Simmons.
I do believe we all have it within ourselves to simply “keep trying”.  I don’t believe some of us are marked to fail and some of us will succeed.  We all will and can succeed at reasonable attempts in our lifetime.  In fact, I get a bit disgusted when I hear a grandchild say “he/she can’t do it”.  Time for a bit of advice from Grandma then. 

In my lifetime, I’ve had many possibilities where I could have succeeded further – the determination was there at first, but other factors got in the way, such as the cost of a vocation, a passing of a loved one who was my inspiration, or my attitude wasn’t right either.  Truth is I simply gave up and chose a different (albeit easier) path.  But in the end all were simply excuses that allowed me to choose that other path.

Take this card for instance, my dear friend Lisa invited me to be her GDT for Sept. and I think I had a small anxiety attack but I wanted to do it – I wanted to have the power to say “I DID IT!”    Even though I didn’t feel I could really do it,  a bit of determination took over and I’ve struggled thru many stop signs to get it done.  If something could go wrong with this card and article, it would and did.  At the moment, it sits on my craft desk drying – hoping/praying no one goes in there and touches it!

Am I determined in most areas of my life, INDEED!  There is another power in my life.  I do believe we all can feel it (power) within us to keep going when we get knocked down.  In my life, it involves prayer – some days a lot of it!  Miracles happen everyday – but not without the determination of the individual involved.

My advice in your life during problems – STAY THE COURSE – Determination will give you the POWER to succeed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!