Monday, June 2, 2014

WAIT A MINUTE MR POSTMAN

June 2nd, 2014 - OUTLAWZ GREETINGS CHALLENGE
Sponsor: Squigglefly
Theme: Wait a Minute Mr. Postman
 (Create a post card with an embossed sentiment)



I chose the REINDEER POSTAGE STAMP from our sponsor, SQUIGGLEFLY.  I love all the images at Squigglefly, what a treasure for them to host the OUTLAWZ this week.  This image was produced by my friend Pammie Lehto, a great artist with Squigglefly - check out her 116 images presently available.  And grab her freebie on the Squigglefly front page.

I used copics for coloring the images on this actual postcard measured to go thru the postal system.   I have left room on the right hand side of the front of the postcard to attach my Christmas address labels.  I chose wet embossing on the postcard using a versafine pad and colored pads and then using my heat gun.  My favorite way of embossing, as I do not have to have a bunch of embossing powder on hand, clear is actually all I ever need.  I use 2 different pads - one is kept clean from the inks I use on the other one.

Come on over to OUTLAWZ GREETINGS CHALLENGE and join us by making a postcard of your own choice.  Don't forget you can just use a 4x6 card doubled and glued together so that it will go thru the mail system ok.  If you copic color you will need to do that prior to putting the backs and fronts together of your postcard.  And be sure to bring your adhesive right out to the edge of the interior as you affix the 2 sides.

Best of luck, hope you win something!

2 comments:

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Lovely card Linda, that reindeer is just TOO cute

Pat said...

Great card-love the idea of creating postcards, especially for Christmas mailing!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!