Monday, June 23, 2014

RHUBARB AND BIRTHDAYS

 RRR SFC2514
Hi there, June 23 and we have a new challenge at Squigglefly Blogspot.  The theme of RRR-SFC-2514 to simply make a one layer card and the end date of this challenge will be Sunday June 29.
This definitely is a one layer A2 sized card - colored with copics and a Jolee's embellishment pulled apart and put in some opportune areas, to wish some wonderful friend a Happy Birthday.  I used the most wonderful cardstock with matching envelopes from THE PAPER CUT!

When I'm not making cards or doing housework, or pulling weeds in the flower gardens or 10 raised vegetable beds, I love to cook and bake (oh yeah and bike!).  And since it's almost the end of the rhubarb season for our area, I had to whip up a rhubarb cake and a rhubarb/strawberry pie!  Yummmmm! 

 (yes I do make my own pie crust and it is FLAKEY!)

Have you had an enjoyable entrance into summer?  It finally came - our temps have been cool AND very rainy.  But now we look forward to just enjoying summer.

Come on over to Squigglefly's Blogspot and enter this challenge, anyone can do a one layer card!!!  And before you head on over there, check out Squigglefly's shop freebies and new stamps they just got in!

5 comments:

  1. A very cute one layer card. Great coloring on the pig and I like the flowers you added.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my - I wish I was at your house! I love Rhubarb pie! Haven't had it in years. Yum!

    Love your fun card too. Cute image and love the sentiment and flowers you added. Fun stuff.

    My entrance into Summer has been good but super busy - I am already ready for Fall because it is soooo hot her in middle Alabama.

    HUgz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is toooo stinkin' cute! I've never had rhubarb before. But that cake looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh those pies look delish! I love the sentiment you used on your card - very cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!