Monday, April 14, 2014

EASTER AND A WASHI TAPE FLOWER

April 14, 2014 - RRR SFC1514
MAKE AN EASTER THEMED CARD
Sponsored by SQUIGGLEFLY
Prize: 1 Digital Image Set
Image Author: BETSY LEPLATT 

Easter is such a beautiful time of the year, whether you send Easter cards or not, I know you still take time to browse thru the Easter merchandise in the store and perhaps attend a local church event.   I love painting Tulips so I chose Betsy LePlatt's TULIP TRIO.  The background is embossed and lightly inked with a lavender distress ink.  I love lavender and I love copics, what a combo! 

The FLOWER on the right abed a nice purple piece of tulle is made out of WASHI tape.  I don't think there is anyone in crafts now who hasn't heard of Washi tape.  The idea of creating a flower from Washi tape came to me on Pinterest and I found a nice tutorial on it elsewhere.  You simply take 15 to 16 inches of your color/pattern of washi tape and then stick another 15 or 16 inches to the opposite side of that tape and you now have a nice 16 in. run of a ribbon that you can stitch down one side (by machine or hand), pull gently to gather together, and fasten together and then glue the flower down to piece of felt so you can adhere the whole embellishment to your card.  I then put a pearl in the center.

At YOUR SCRAPBOOK PLACE today there is a wonderful challenge (WITH PRIZES) on finding something from Pinterest to inspire a card or art project and entering it there.  So I have.  Follow the link and come on over and add your card/art project and also become a member and follow that wonderful group!!!

Meanwhile see you back at Squigglefly's Blogspot Challenge and enter your project there.  You could be a winner twice - one never knows!   Good luck!

7 comments:

  1. Very, very pretty! And thanks for the tip on the Washi tape - cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card. I love the netting and this is the first washi tape flower I have seen. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!!! Loving those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, I really love this. Such beautiful soft coloring on your tulips. Your washi tape flower is pretty cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow all the colors on this are so pretty. I am sorry - I thought I had commented on this gorgeous card already. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous and so realistic too! Love the color choice for the tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and your washi tape flower is awesome. Purple is one color I find hard to work with and you make it look so simple!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!