Monday, March 24, 2014

PEACE - be with you!

Have you spread your wings a little bit lately trying new techniques?  One needs to do it, you know, just to keep growing.  Otherwise our minds become stagnant and refuse to let in the good stuff in life.  In part of my life I design samples for a wonderful company in northern Wisconsin called THE PAPER CUT.  Sarah, the sweetest gal in the world, asked me to make her some samples of the Funky Accordion Card.  Whoa Nellie!  Accordion cards?  Yeah, accordion cards.......not sure I can handle that task.  But alas I came up with 3 beauties I just love.  

In the other part of my life I spend mega hours designing cards for a few design teams, one of which is our own beloved OUTLAWZ GREETINGS CHALLENGES.  Our sponsor at OUTLAWZ this week is Aurora Wings and the challenge is to use texture on your project.  So I chose the Peace Rose Digital Stamp (Aurora Wings) and proceeded to have some fun with my art.   The texture is done with my Big Shot and my embossing folders and distressed a bit with distress inks and a finger dauber.
You can ask my husband how many hours I spent in 2 nites working on those roses!  I love the Peace Rose.  One year when my eldest daughter was still at home and showing items in our county fair, she won a blue ribbon with the peace rose she grew!  And that hair - well that's another challenge for me.  But I think I hit it right (for now).

Come on over to OUTLAWZ and have some fun this week!  And check out Sarah at THE PAPER CUT and perhaps grab a beautiful digi like my peace rose above at AURORA WINGS.

I mentioned I had done 3 for Sarah - so here are the other 2.

 Bye for now -have fun with your art!

2 comments:

Patricia St Martin said...

WOW!! These are just beautiful. Love all of them. The Aurora Wings image is beautiful and you did a wonderful job coloring her.
Hugs, Pat

Pat said...

All of them really rock my crafting socks off! Love those tri-fold shutter cards-haven't done one in ages-you inspire me to tackle one again!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!