Monday, February 17, 2014

Owl-Ways In My Heart!

Don't you just love owls and images of owls........even the real thing.  We have a huge owl house in our woods that currently the squirrels are also inhabiting.  Not sure how that works.

Anyhow at Squigglefly's Blogspot Rhonda's Rowdy Rascals have presented wonderful answers to the challenge "Use both a digi image and a digi sentiment".  This card is mine and the image was drawn by Fawn Palmer.  The sentiment (3 sentiments) are also included with this image at the Squigglefly shop.   I adore Fawn's sense of humor in her sentiments.
Everything is colored in copics - even the background with a very light blue.  the bg tree is from Tim Holtz' embossing plates.  I also used a strip of homemade paper with leaves a friend of mine from California sent me - thank you Virginia!  I'll enjoy using more of it in the future.  The button is a paper button and twine tied bow.  The whole card is 5.5 square and passes for a $.49 stamp!
   
 Because I used black cardstock I placed some die cuts inside for a message.
 And as usual, I always made at least 2 cards and this one is basically the same except for the pink paper button.
Today  has been very hectic for me - I am still learning to get around with one leg, crutches and/or a knee walker.  The boot I wear is super heavy.  My hubbie put a big office chair (we didn't have a little one) in my craft room so I now transfer at the door from the crutches to the chair and can glide all over the room and I AM BACK TO CREATING!  I TOTALLY LOVE IT!

Hoping you are having a lovely day, don't forget to join me at Squigglefly's challenge this week.  You can always find a free image at Squigglefly and join in for the possibility of free images!  WOO HOO!

6 comments:

  1. Very cute card... Love the owl,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card... Love the owl,

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute owl card! Great image and coloring. Love the inside too. I am glad you are getting around a bit better and creating! I just know it helps with healing! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute cards Linda. I need to start doing what you do and make at least two of the same card. That might help me add to my stash! I love the wood grained background you used, and the die cut inside for a sentiment is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are truly an inspiration Linda! I'm sorry I'm behind on commenting and visiting. Sounds like you have had your own challenges but continue to have the amazing attitude and sense of humour that you do! xx

    Love that owl image. The woodgrain background is the perfect backdrop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love owls and the sentiment is so perfect for this card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!