Monday, October 7, 2013

ORANGE YOU HAVING FUN YET?

Well a play with the word "orange" - thought I'd get your attention...IT'S A REVERSE EXPLOSION CARD!!!  Today Squigglefly's challenge is a super easy and very appropriate for this time of year challenge. SFC4013 From Holley's Hobbyists is appropriate.  With Fall and Halloween, orange is a very popular color about now. Make an orange colored card any theme you want as long as orange is there.  You may enter any card or project. 

  I colored my image with copics and multiple layering along with some stickles of course!

NOW HERE'S THE TRUTH:  I have not tried a reverse explosion card in many years - mainly because of all the fussing and marking and folding.  But now my card making is taking a new leap upwards!  I am using a unique pre-scored and Reverse Explosion cut card blank from The Paper Cut!

I used Basic dark orange, Buff manila file cs, and Green manila file cs for the layering and the background of the actual explosion card is a wonderful color called ORANGE FIZZ...all from The Paper Cut!  And I am very pleased with the final product!

This was unique for me in that there was a fold and embellish diagram included in the package of card blanks.  It tells where the Mountain/Valley folds are and how to fold, as well as the measurement in each section helped my cut my designer paper.  I then folded 6 pieces of orange ribbon to accent the image, and popdotted the image up and off everything.

We are welcoming TWO new artists in October to our Squigglefly Artist Gallery - a husband and wife team - Carmen and Graham Gamble.  Come on over and check out their images as well and then participate in our challenge! 


7 comments:

Carolyn Cochran said...

Great card Teamie! Love all of your work!

Sarah Justison said...

Great design using our Reverse Explosion Card! Welcome to our Design Team....can't wait to see all of your ideas using our die cut cards!

Holly Young said...

A really WOW card Linda! I love the way you used the ribbon behind the image. Great sentiment too!

bumblebee creations said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bumblebee creations said...

sorry about that Linda--my spelling was all wonky! I love what you have done with the ribbon on this card! Thanks for joining in our challenge over at SQUIGGLEFLY!

Patricia St Martin said...

Love your card, I also love orange in all shades. Super job on your Explosion card. Love all the elements.
Hugs, Pat

nwilliams6 said...

Totally cool fold! Your card shapes are always so great! Super card. Hugz!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!