Monday, October 21, 2013

LEAVE ME SOME AUTUMN LOVE


Holley's Hobbyists have given us a very fun challenge - so easy to go any way with.  "One of two choices, make a card that uses leaves or trees and leaves, autumn or fall theme in the image or embellishments OR create a card that shows travel as in LEAVING home and going on a trip like camping, travel, vacation."
 I chose Judith Hart's THANKFUL digi image from Squigglefly and chose to do an INNER STAIR STEP CARD using THE PAPER CUT's prescored cardstock.  My leaves are from DECORATIVE ACCENTS (Thailand)......my daughter actually gave me them as they were leftovers unused at a wedding she was in charge of decorating.
 The side view of an INNER STAIR STEP CARD.
My backside of the card.  Nothing special but I wanted to show you I added more leaves to peer up and out of the final display.

FREE DIGI IMAGE FROM SQUIGGLEFLY - Great Halloween stamp!!!  Just click on the word SQUIGGLEFLY!!

STAIR STEP CARDS at THE PAPER CUT are just the most wonderful addition to anyone's card making craft!  Beautiful card stock (20 colors/40 cards) and you can also purchase envies to match.  Finally, a card that will mail at 46 cents!  The final folded size of this card is 4.25x5.5 inches.  But the best part is the ease of creating the prescored cards give you - I tell you ladies, it DOES NOT get any better than this!

So drop by Squigglefly's blog and join in our challenge.  Remember you MUST use a Squigglefly image to be considered for the prize.  

AND DON'T FORGET:  We are welcoming TWO new artists in October - a husband and wife team - Carmen and Graham Gamble. 

9 comments:

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Totally gorgeous! I think your card counts as both because that little girl looks like she is on a trip!

Cheers, Holley

Desire Fourie said...

A beautiful autumn design. Loving the leaves.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Judith Hart said...

Thanks Linda...the colours you used for my "thankful" illustration looks gorgeous. Have put a link to this on my DoodlehART page on Facebook. Xx

Judith Hart said...

Thanks Linda...the colours you used for my "thankful" illustration looks gorgeous. Have put a link to this on my DoodlehART page on Facebook. Xx

shirl said...

Linda as always you have hit it right this card is so pretty and so much fun!

Holly Young said...

How pretty! Your daughter was great to think to save those leaves for you - they're wonderful! I really like your sentiment and the blingy swirl. The stair step design gives this such great dimension!

Sarah Justison said...

Wow Linda! Beautiful Card...love how you used all the steps!

nwilliams6 said...

Wow - I love the card shape and your totally rocked the leaf challenge for sure. What a darling image as well. Super card all the way around. Sorry I am late commenting - I am running a week late again these days. Hugz!!!

Carolyn Cochran said...

Amazing!!
Carolyn

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!