Monday, September 16, 2013

When I would visit "DOWN ON THE FARM"...

Ah wonderful memories of my maternal grandparents' farm.  It was so pleasantly placed nestled in a valley!  I remember sliding down in the seat when Mom would be driving down their hilly rocky entrance.  I honestly don't remember much about when Dad was alive, if we went often or not.  He died when I was only 10.  But Mom's 'mom' and 'step-dad' were very special people.  They had this lovely creek flowing right across and thru that rocky road we would drive down.  It eventually flowed into the Pecatonica River not too far away.  But I was sheltered and not allowed to go that far and fish.  Just me and my sis would 'pretend fishing' as there were nothing but little chubs in the creek.  My brothers would try to catch crawdads by hand!  At that time, I thought they were pretty stupid!  I also remember my sis and I venturing down to the railroad tracks which separated their property in the lowlands and wandered up to a cave along the tracks which had a couple 'hobos' in it waiting to board the next freight car thru that they could - a common practice in those days.  We RAN home!!!  But how times change, huh?  I wish I could show my great grandkids their farm, but alas it is gone.  But not the memories, and the photos!!!

But today's challenge at SQUIGGLEFLY BLOGSPOT is to create a card with the theme DOWN ON THE FARM...here's my choice:

I also am making another 6x6 card with a GOOD CATCH - MADDIE on it, and believe me, she's so sweet and special carrying the fish she caught!!!  Coloring is with copics, sky is chalked, a bit of white pen and glitter in the tiny waves...

And this card is ready for my son in law's birthday in October. 

8 comments:

  1. Oh Linda, this is just fabulous! I love the camouflaged background and what great memories you shared! This is awesome and I LOVE how you created your water!! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card, Linda, and I love hearing about your childhood memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the "Good Catch" card - the camo paper is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, great coloring and he looks like a great fisherman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card for this theme - we have a pond and I am waiting for some grandchildren to come sit on the bank and fish! Love your coloring, papers, and embellishments! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Linda! I like how you used the cammo paper-cool! And the neat cammo ribbon-have never seen that before-sharp! Super coloring job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda,
    So very cute and wonderful coloring - and reminds me of my son when he was little!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun memories you have Linda. I was just talking to a friend the other day about wanting to go back to see a farm that my aunt and uncle had. I loved going there. There was creek where we caught tadpoles and looked for arrowheads. Your card is adorable. I really like the sentiment and the fish you used on the side. Great cammo paper and ribbon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!