Monday, September 2, 2013

IT WAS JUST A "HALLOWEEN TREE"...

but nothing is as it seems on Halloween nite!  Oh what a wonderful tree - harboring ghosts, and bats, and all kinds of spiders!  

Our challenge at Squigglefly this week is to add a flower to a card - it can be an embellishment, a paper flower, the actual image, etc.  I am sooooo in the mood for making Halloween cards that I just could not stop and I made 4 of this one.



I chose Close to my Heart papers from my stash and just let the coloring flow!  The moon starts in the center with a darker orange and as I circled to the outside I blended in lighter oranges.  I darkened the sky within the branches to allow the ghost to pop up and do his thing with a little icicle stickles (my favorite).  The flower is a die cut from my Halloween embellishment bin as well as the "BOO" sticker.  I also decided to keep this card at 5.75x5.75 trying to fit in my envelopes a bit better.

So come on over to Squigglefly's Blogspot and join us in the new fun challenge.  It's easy - doesn't have to be Halloween, just have a  "flower" on the card.

8 comments:

  1. Love this adorable Halloween scene - really so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda,
    This is just adorable and so fun!!And, the kitty makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this one comes across as spooky great Halloween card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Four cards are not enough of this one! What if a friend wishes you sent one to her? You have so many friends!!! LOL
    Great card Linda, love Judith's image

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Halloween scene Linda, so many fun details and colors and you made that flower look wonderful here! Great job with this challenge! Fun stuff. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really cute and you have done a fabulous job coloring it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun Halloween card this is Linda! I love it! The stickles on the ghost is the perfect amount of sparkle. Love your coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, this is so fabulous and fun! It just makes me smile! I looked up close and I love the shading you did around everything - it really makes everything pop! I LOVE this! hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!