Monday, July 1, 2013

WHERE'S THE PARTY??? Allie knows...and so does her bunny!

Are there any purple lovers out there?  Remember the PURPLE PEOPLE EATER!  Well that dates me, for sure, sorry.  But my friends at SQUIGGLEFLY BLOGSPOT have chosen the color purple for a real fun challenge.  Here's the scoop:

You don't *have* to include a Squigglefly image on your creation, but in order to qualify for the prize you will need to use one! You can also combine SF images with non-SF images to qualify! Don't have one? There are several FREEBIES you can grab from the Squigglefly store  Just click that link and hop on over there. Those images will qualify you for the prize.


I chose Allie And Her Bunny for this challenge.  Isn't she the sweetest thing holding that oh so cuddly big bunny!  You can find Allie And Her Bunny at the Squigglefly Store by clicking on the link of her name. And whilie you are there take a look at some of the other creations of Cheryl Grant Alger, Allie's creator.  You'll fall in love with her style for sure!

And from WIKIPEDIA comes the fun fact behind the "Purple People Eater".  The song tells how a strange creature (described as a "one-eyed, one-horned, flying, purple people eater") descends to Earth because it wants to be in a rock 'n' roll band. The premise of the song came from a joke told by the child of a friend of Sheb Wooley's; Wooley finished composing it within an hour.

The voice of the purple people eater is a sped up recording, giving it a voice similar to, but not quite as high-pitched or as fast, as Ross Bagdasarian's "Witch Doctor", another hit from earlier in 1958; and "The Chipmunk Song" which was released late in 1958.  And now I will be singing this over and over in my head for days!


5 comments:

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Now this is ADORABLE with a capital "A"! Awesome coloring and design! Of course I'm LOVIN' all the purple ... my all time FAVORITE color!

Pat said...

Such a pretty purple card! So glad we could team up for this challenge.

nwilliams6 said...

I admit I remember the song - sad but true. I wasn't around in 1958 but it was very popular when I was a child in the 60s or at least it was popular on things my parents watched or listened to. Your card is really sweet - I love SC images and this one is super cute. Love all your fun purple details. Hugz!

Holly Young said...

I remember The Purple People Eater - I always wondered if he was a people eater and was purple, or if he at purple people! Your card is adorable. I love the glitter on your letters!

Patricia St Martin said...

I love purple and I sure remember the purple people eater and now that is going to be in my head all day long. Your little girl is so darling and she looks wonderful in purple and love the sparkle.
Huggz Patricia

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!