Monday, June 10, 2013

WRAP IT UP!

You know - sometimes we really do have to just stop and smell the flowers/roses/even coffee!  It's a rejuvenator we all need from time to time.  Life just starts spinning around us and we're doing our best to DO EVERYTHING and dearly hang on.  Do me a favor!  Find a flower or your favorite perfume, or even open the vanilla flavoring bottle - take a whiff and look out at the sky and say to yourself - YES, I needed this!
This leads me into asking when was the last time you tried something artistic - I mean something that is truly YOUR form of art.  I love painting and coloring with prismacolor and copics.  I used to sketch full scenes, gave them all away, as well as all of my oils I did too.  I never seem to keep anything for some reason.  As in my cards, I'm always giving them to charities/nursing homes/vet offices to use or sell.

So over at Squigglefly's Blogspot Challenge - you will find SFC2313-RRR--Wrap It Up.  Rhonda's Rowdy Rascals ask us to use your imagination.  Wrap ribbon or twine around a layer, wrap a die cut around a corner, use wrapping paper instead of designer scrapbook paper, use an image with a wrapped gift..I wrapped the card with this beautiful light green ribbon and affixed a bow to that.


 I chose to use 2 images from 2 different image artists to create this peaceful garden.  In my home lighting there is much more peach in everything, including the trumpet vine arch.    But you get the idea.  Now I love the Trumpet Vine - can't get one to bloom, but I have seen some gorgeous bushes and lots of hummingbirds enjoying the beautiful trumpets.

 The images are available at Squigglefly's Store and there are more images by each of the authors:


COME SHOW US YOUR TALENT - and remember to be eligible to win stamps, you need to use a Squigglefly image - and freebies are here! While there, check out the Patriotic Bear - such a beautiful image for now - AND FREE!!!

7 comments:

  1. Great images and I love how you combined and colored them! Super ribbon too. Such a lovely card with such a sweet feel to it. You did a fab job on this challenge card my friend. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty card. I like how you used both of those images. The vine is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, this is sooo pretty! you're getting very techy! The images you paired up are perfect together. Absolutely beautiful! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way that you put both images together in one card! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda,
    I really like how you've merged the 2 images - they work so well together and your coloring is awesome and the card beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda this is fantastic! I love the two images you combined - they work so well together. I didn't know you used to sketch - hmmm.... you know what I'm thinking right?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!