Monday, June 3, 2013

SUNBURNS ARE ALREADY HERE!

SQUIGGLEFLY BLOGSPOT wants us all to enjoy summer - so Holley's Hobbyists Design Team have come up with some great cards to put us in the mood!

Holley's instructions are:  Make a summertime theme card--think of the outdoors, beaches, playing, leaving school, vacations, summertime holidays.  All the great things we get during the summer time.

Here's my card with a really sweet sunburned child named Charlie doing some tubing on the lake!

Cheryl Alger, Image Artist

Check out that red hair and the freckles and you see why Charlie needs to get off the water for awhile!  :)

This is a 6x6 card, following a previous sketch from SALS and using some skittles and icicle colored glitter glue and of course, copics and stitching - very standard in my cards.

PLEASE VISIT SQUIGGLEFLY'S STORE AND CHECK OUT ALL OF THE NEW RELEASES FROM SATURDAY!   And then join us on the SQUIGGLEFLY BLOG and put your entry in for great free digis!

Have a great week!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe you gave that poor girl a sunburn! LOL! I do love your coloring - you made the inner tube look so shiny! I really like the yellow flag banners in the background too.

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Awe, she's super cute. I love her red hair. That's a fun stamp. Great card for this week's challenge.

nwilliams6 said...

Linda - this is so cute - I used the same image and I love how you colored it. Great idea so do the sunburn. Fun Summer card! Hugz!!!

bumblebee creations said...

OUch!! that sunburn looks real!! Awesome card Linda!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!