Monday, June 24, 2013

MOVE A-LLLLLLLLLLONG!

Summer officially popped thru the atmospher on the 21st - and wowzer what a prelude. We've had a gorgeous spring in SW WI and are very thankful for it compared to last year's disastrous gardening/fields/crop production. Our flower gardens are just blossoming their little hearts out - this being one of the best year for peonies I've ever seen.These are some flowers near my sunroom window that the cats like to sit and peer thru the window over, watching the little chipmunks scaper around.
These are just smiling violas - all happy they are planted underneath my lilac tree and next to the clematis where they will be looked after constantly.
So here we go with this week's challenge at  Squigglefly.  Rhonda's Rowdy Rascals has challenged everyone to a fun card called the LONG AND SHORT OF IT.  Just make a card that uses something long and something short.  Could be a long piece of ribbon and short sentiment,  a long card with a short image or short piece of designer paper.

So I chose a long doxie and a cute little schnauzer.  You can find the doxie in the set called I BELIEVE I CAN FLY  by Eszter Csokas HERE.

And you can find the cute little schnauzer in the A LAP DOG set by Fawn Palmer BY CLICKING HERE.
And another take just using up stash - can't wait for new papers!  LOL!

So I'm busy making multiples to donate cards to the BACKPACK program in Sauk County, so I created 6 assembly style, using my basic staples.
Thank you for visiting and get busy creating something this summer!

8 comments:

Holly said...

oh my Linda, I love your take on the challenge! The perfect pairing of images! How great you got so many cards made!

Kathy Bradley said...

Linda,
What a wonderful and adorable card and the puppies are just perfect for the challenge. All of your cards you made assembly style are awesome. P.S. Your flowers are lovely too!

nwilliams6 said...

Wow - I love that you are making lots of your cards to donate - what a wonderful idea. You could make a zillion of this card - it is the cutest thing! I love the preciously sweet dogs and that really great sentiment. Fabulous work here my friend! Hugz!

Carolyn Cochran said...

Well that was a clever idea! Humm I wonder if I could've found something to use like this-So Cute!

wannabcre8tive said...

A really cute card. Love that doxie. Great job on making extra cards.

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

those cards are too adorable. I love how you did long and short with two cute dogs. Makes me think of the weinerdog family I see here sometimes.

Elizabeth Hart said...

Oh Gosh - these dogs are adorable and such a delightful card. Love that you made them for the backpack program. The recipients will LOVE them!

Patricia St Martin said...

These are just darling. Love the puppy's and the added embellishments.
Hugs, Patricia

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!