Monday, May 27, 2013

JUST AROUND THE CORNER!

Your mission if you choose to accept it at SQUIGGLEFLY BLOG CHALLENGE site, is to make a card that uses rounded corners and not necessarily rounding the corners of the card, but think rounding the papers too!


I chose Cheryl Grant Alger's SIGNS OF SPRING - Sally is busy as a ladybug on her first days out in the wonderful spring air!  Here in WI we've had a lot of different spring weather in May - hopefully it now has settled down and we can garden and bike and just enjoy nature!

Anyhow, Sally is on an alcohol paint background - I've chosen that because I didn't want a solid background nor did I want a tiny print background - and most of all, I've just learned to use a few alcohol inks and loving every moment.   And of course Sally and her friends are done with still my favorite medium - copic pens.

Below is a photo of a hairy woodpecker checking over my suet log - looking for any last remnants of peanut butter/cornmeal/lard!  That is their favorite meal - 2nd on the list is sunflower seeds.  My husband says the birds get more attention than him!  NOT!!!  He has learned a lot about birds since we met.  At first he thought all BLACK birds were all BLACKBIRDS.  Now he laughs at himself for not knowing any differently.
Just a bit of what is happening to us in Wisconsin - meanwhile, grab an image from Squigglefly store and hop on over to the blog challenge site and enter a card/project/piece of artwork - OK?  Good luck, hope you win!  There are a lot of beautiful new images to choose from!  Just click on the STORE LINK.

8 comments:

  1. Linda, this is precious! I love the image you used (one of my favs) and all the orange (I have been using it a lot lately too). The corner details and die cuts are beautiful on this fun card! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! I love the die you used and the image is just adorable. I have always loved blue and orange color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda,
    What a wonderful and adorable card. This image is too sweet! Your framing die is lovely and the corner punches are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S.

    Thanks for sharing the pic of the woodpecker - he definitely is on am mission!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love so many things on this card, and Cheryl's image really rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Linda! Love the alcohol background and love the colours you used for the whole card! Great pic of the woodpecker too - I have had similar-looking ones (or maybe the same, just with a different name that I can't think of!) eating from my hand and it's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really great card Linda. I love the die you used to cut the image out. The little polka dotted bow is so cute sitting atop your card, and it goes so well with the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda just love your card the image is just adorable love your corners and the die cuts.
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!