Monday, April 1, 2013

A LAZZZZZZZZZZZZY AFTERNOON ON THE LAKE

When I was coloring this image, we here in SW Wisconsin had not made it above 20 degrees in 2 days for a high.  What a treat to color warmth/sun/water/drifting/dreaming!  Oh my, I can hardly wait for a gorgeous lazy summer day!

This challenge is at SQUIGGLEFLY right now!  Rhonda's Rowdy Rascals has challenged everyone to create a card that uses liquid in some way - could be using an image that has water, using liquid alcohol inks for your backgrounds, or liquid crystal lacquer...


 A LAZY AFTERNOON - CHERYL ALGER
And as usual I never make 1 card - it's always 2 or more.  So I used the right and left side of the image.  That is such a beaut about using digis, so many variations!  I love digis!  And Squigglefly is the Queen's shop for digi shopping!  


Card #2 of Lazy Afternoon
Here are all the copic colors I used in both cards.  Both are 6x6 and flat enuf to mail in a 6.25 x 6.25 envie for only $.46.  That's my goal lately unless I'm hand delivering or selling!  I used a couple sheets from 6x6 Little Yellow Bicycle SPLASH paper pad - a bit of icicle stickles here and there and some easy peasy diecutting. 


COME JOIN US AT SQUIGGLEFLY CHALLENGE and hopefully win yourself soem free digis. Everyone has an equal chance as drawing is done by random generator!  Belle says: DO IT!

7 comments:

  1. My goal too - after mailing out hundreds of wedding cards for my DD, our postage budget is really low - LOL! This is darling. Love the glitter where her feet are and the bg papers are wonderful. Very positive and fun card - you did a super job with that image (it is now officially on my wish list). Do you live on the lake or were you just referring to the card? Hope it gets warmer soon where you live! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I so love this image and the fun paper that you used! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda,
    This is so very, very cute - and I am so ready for a nice Spring and warm Summer! Chumley is so very adorable - thanks for sharing pics of Chumley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just adorable Linda! That dp you used frames the image perfectly - it has just the right amount of colour! Love how you have coloured Sassy Sally - your water is so real-looking! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cute, cute cards. You have done an excellent job coloring them and I like the paper you chose to go with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your coloring on these Linda. The water looks so real! I really like the papers you used in the background too. Don't rush summer! Let's enjoy spring for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your card Linda--and your kitty having a LAZY afternoon is too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!